Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon and ginger cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
A cheesecake base with a twist using gingersnaps as the base.
- 300grams gingersnap biscuits
- 200 gram melted butter
- 1litre double cream
- 500grams cream cheese
- 2 lemons
- 300grams icing sugar
- 100 grams white chocolate.
- STEP 1Breakdown biscuits ideally in a food processor Place biscuits in a mixing bowl and mix with melted butter.
- STEP 2Put mix into a cheesecake or baking tin. Ideally about 20cm diameter.
- STEP 3Smooth mix around the base until even, flat and smooth, place into fridge to set.
- STEP 4In a different bowl put in zest from one of the lemons and juice from both.
- STEP 5Add the cream, cheese, and icing sugar then whisk until stiff and
- STEP 6Spoon cream mixture on top of biscuit base making sure it is even and flat. Grate white chocolate and sprinkle over cheesecake.
- STEP 7Let the cheesecake set for a good hour before serving.