Spanish Marinated Olives
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 Hours Marinating
- Serves 5
Spice up a jar of plain olives with the aromas of this wonderful Spanish marinade. Great for a tapas night, or for parties!
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 500g Mixed Green & Black Olives
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 4 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
- Pinch of Ground Cinammon
- 4 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 5 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Smooth Orange Juice
- Handful of Fresh Mint Finely Chopped
- Handful of Fresh Parsley Finely Chopped
- STEP 1In a frying pan, dry-fry the cumin seeds & fennel seeds over a medium heat until they begin to pop (Around 2-3 mins). Set aside & cool
- STEP 2Wash the olives in cold running water to remove brine. Place olives in a large bowl with the spring onions, lemon & orange zests, cinammon and both seeds. Mix well
- STEP 3In a seperate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, mint and parsley. Pour over the olives.
- STEP 4Toss well to coat olives in all the juices. Cover and chill in the fridge for upto 2 hours. They will also last in the fridge for up to 3 days.