Pizza dough base
- Preparation and cooking time
- Proving 1-1h 20mins
- More effort
- Makes 8 pizzas
This is a foolproof dough recipe.
- 650g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet of easy blend yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml olive oil
- 50ml warm milk
- 325ml warm water
- STEP 1Make the dough. Mix the flour, yeast, salt together in a large mixing bowl. Then stir in the olive oil, milk and water. Mix well together to form a soft dough.
- STEP 2Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes. Alternatively, use a stand mixer with a dough hook and leave running for 5 minutes. When it feels elastic and smooth, transfer to an oiled clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel, put in a warm place and leave until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- STEP 3When sufficiently risen. Cut into 8 pieces (like your slicing a cake). I normally weigh 135-140g x 8 pieces of dough, and roll them into balls. You can either freeze them at this stage, or roll out for your pizzas.
- STEP 4You can also make dough balls, weigh out little balls of 20g each, 16-20 depending on how many people you need to feed, place in a wam spot for about 20 minutes until risen, then bake in a hot oven for 12-14 minutes. Delicious served with garlic butter.