Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Barbecue Arbeque Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Barbecue Arbeque chicken with coriander cous-cous and elderflower roasted vegetables. Turn simple barbecued chicken into something really special by serving with lightly scented elderflower roasted vegetables, a real twist on a summer favourite.
- 4 chicken breasts, or a selection of thighs and drumsticks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 4 small bunches cherry tomatoes
- 3tbsp bottlegreen elderflower cordial
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 250g cous-cous
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Handful of fresh coriander
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 200c, gas mark 6. Core, de-seed and cut the peppers into wedges.
- STEP 2Peel and quarter the red onion, cut the courgette into thick slices. Place on a baking tray with the cherry tomatoes. Pour over the bottlegreen elderflower cordial and 1tbsp of the olive oil, toss until coated. Cook for approx 20-30 mins until softened and beginning to char a little
- STEP 3Meanwhile, barbeque or grill the chicken for approx 20-30 mins until cooked through and piping hot
- STEP 4Make the cous-cous by placing in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, bring the stock to the boil, pour over and stir, cover and leave to absorb the liquid. Fluff up with a fork
- STEP 5Finely chop the coriander and stir into the cous-cous
- STEP 6Serve the chicken on a bed of cous-cous with the roasted vegetables, spooning over all the lovely elderflower juices.