Chicken with Lemon Grass
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 10
Braised Breast of Chicken with Lemon Grass and Star Anise, Stir Fried Vegetables and Tilda Basmati Rice infused with Fresh Lime, Coriander and Ginger http://www.tilda.com/foodservice/recipes
- 1 kg Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 litre chicken stock , fresh
- 4 sticks of lemon grass , bruised
- 80g fresh ginger , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- 10 x 220g chicken breasts , skin on
- 3 star anise
- 6 limes , juiced and zested
- 4 bunches of coriander , chopped
- 1kg stir fry vegetables , sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, baby corn, sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger , grated
- soy sauce , to taste
- STEP 1Boil the chicken stock with the lemon grass, chopped ginger, garlic and chilli for 20 minutes. Once infused strain the liquid, retaining only the stock and discarding any solids.
- STEP 2Poach the chicken in this broth with the star anise until chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 3Once cooked, remove the chicken from the broth and keep warm whilst reducing the stock by half. Season with a dash of lime juice.
- STEP 4Meanwhile prepare and cook the Tilda Basmati rice. For best results, soak the rice for 30 minutes before cooking. After soaking, bring a pan of water (one measure rice: two measures water) to boil and stir in the rice. Return to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked add the lime juice, lime zest and fresh chopped coriander and cover with cling film. Allow to infuse until ready to serve.
- STEP 5Stir fry the vegetables and season with a dash of soy sauce and a little grated ginger.
- STEP 6To serve, place the chicken on top of the stir fried vegetables, alongside the infused Tilda Basmati rice. Finally, spoon a little stock over the dish and serve.