Homemade Ravioli Dough
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
This is a recipe uploaded by Lori Daniels on A Taste of Home- just add your favorite filling!
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- STEP 1Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- STEP 2In a large bowl, combine your filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- STEP 3Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over; press down to seal.
- STEP 4Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- STEP 5Bring a soup kettle of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain. Spoon sauce over ravioli.