Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 2 hours to chill butter
- Serves 4
Beautiful Bream with rosemary & orange butter GF Nov12
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 bream about 400g each scaled, gutted, fins & gills cut off
- 8 rosemary sprigs plus extra to serve
FOR THE FLAVOURED BUTTER
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- finely grated zest 1 orange
- 250g butter softened
- STEP 1Put chopped rosemary, shallot, garlic and zest in bowl. Add butter and mix together evenly with a spatula. Season to taste. Lay a sheet of cling film on work service and spoon butter mix onto it. Wrap into a long sausage and tie off the ends and chill for 2 hours.
- STEP 2Heat oven to Gas 7 220C/200C fan, lightly oil a roasting tin and place in oven to heat. Lay bream on board and score both sides with a sharp knife at 2cm gaps. Place 2 sprigs rosemary into each fish cavity, oil fish all over and season.
- STEP 3Put fish in roasting tin and cook for 8 mins then turn and cook other side for 7 mins. Remove from oven turn the fish over again and rest for a couple of minutes. Slice the butter into 16 portions.
- STEP 4Lay 4 pieces of butter on each bream and give them 1 min more in the oven. Transfer to warm plate pour over any juices from the tin and serve with extra rosemary, green salad or new potatoes or both.