Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 65 mins proving time
- Serves 12
Brilliant sharer before serving the starters for your dinner party!
- 310ml warm water
- 2 tsp / 7g / 1 sachet dried yeast
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 470g plain flour and some for dusting
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 20-30 pitted kalamata olives
- STEP 1Combine water, yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 5 mins or until frothy.
- STEP 2Place flour and half the sea salt Ina bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in yeast mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- STEP 3Turn into a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until silky smooth and elastic. Brush a bowl with some olive oil to grease. Place dough in the bowl and cover with cling film or a damp cloth. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 45 mins or until doubled in size.
- STEP 4Preheat oven to 200C / gas 6. Brush a 20 x 30cm metal tin with 2 tsp of the remaining olive oil. Punch down the centre of the dough with your fist. Turn out into a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 mins or until dough is elastic and returned to original size. Press into prepared tin. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 20 mins to prove. Use a finger to press dimples into the dough. Brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle over rosemary and the remaining sea salt. Press olives into the dough.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins. You may need to cover the focaccia after ~20 mins to stop the crust from over-cooking.