Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Chill in fridge for 30 mins
- Makes 30-40 cookies
The best gooey, yet crispy cookies that you will find!
- 220g butter, melted
- 150g caster sugar
- 130g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g plain flour
- 300g milk chocolate chips
- STEP 1Grease at least two baking trays (you may need more or bake in two batches, depending). Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- STEP 2Beat the sugar, butter and vanilla extract together on a high speed of electric whisks. Slowly beat in the eggs one by one. If the mixture starts to curdle or separate, add a spoon of the flour.
- STEP 3Fold in the flour and baking powder until well combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips. Place in the fridge for 30 minuted to chill.
- STEP 4Spoon just under a tbsp of the cookie dough onto the baking tray making sure you don't place the dough too close together as it will spread out in the oven.
- STEP 5Place in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. They can be served warm alongside ice cream, fruit etc or leave them or they can be eaten cold!
- STEP 6Alternatively, place the cookie dough in balls in the freezer and cook from frozen.