Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Super easy béchamel/white sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A smooth white sauce used for lasagne and other pasta dishes.
- 60g plain white flour
- 600ml milk
- 60g soft, unsalted butter
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a saucepan on low to medium heat.
- STEP 2Sieve and stir in the flour.
- STEP 3Whisk in the milk a small bit at a time until you have a slightly thick and creamy sauce.
- STEP 4Take off the heat and allow to cool. Store in airtight container in fridge.