Yogurt cheesecake with honey-roasted apricots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus at least 4 hrs 10 mins chilling
- Serves 12
- 75g salted butter , melted, plus extra for the tin
- 200g custard cream biscuits
- 250ml double cream
- 150g full-fat Greek yogurt
- 500g full-fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
For the apricots
- 6 ripe apricots , halved and pitted (about 240g)
- 50g runny honey , plus 2 tbsp to serve
- 1 small orange , zest pared into strips
- ½ vanilla pod , halved lengthways
- STEP 1
Butter the base of a 23cm springform tin and line with a circle of baking parchment. Blitz the biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor, then tip into a bowl and mix with the butter. Pack the mixture into the base of the tin and chill for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
- STEP 3
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the apricots with the 50g honey, the orange zest and vanilla on a baking tray. Roast on the middle shelf for 20-25 mins until the apricots are tender but still hold their shape. Toss everything halfway through, adding 1 tbsp water if the honey starts to catch. Leave to cool, discarding the orange and vanilla pod.
- STEP 4
Use a knife to release the sides of the cheesecake and remove from the tin. Spoon over the apricots along with the roasting juices. Drizzle extra honey over the top, allowing it to run down the sides.