Honeyed chorizo & manchego salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g firm cooking chorizo , cut into chunks or slices
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 50ml dry sherry
- 3 tbsp runny honey , plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head radicchio , torn into bite-sized pieces
- 50g baby leaf salad
- 100g manchego , rind removed and thinly sliced into shards
- STEP 1
Put the chorizo in a cold frying pan and place on a medium heat. Cook for 5-10 mins until golden and crisp, stirring frequently in the oil that is released. Add the garlic, fry for another minute, then pour in the sherry and bubble until evaporated. Stir in 2 tbsp honey and the pumpkin seeds. Cook for a minute more, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 2
Whisk the remaining 1 tbsp honey, sherry vinegar and mustards in a large bowl, then season. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the time, until emulsified and thick.
- STEP 3
Toss the dressing through the salad leaves in a bowl, making sure the leaves are well coated. Divide between four plates. Top with the manchego shards, the crisp chorizo and pumpkin seeds, then drizzle over the honeyed chorizo oil from the pan. Drizzle over a little more honey to serve, if you like.