Wok-fried long-stem broccoli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 as a side dish
- 80g whole blanched peanuts
- 40ml olive oil
- 1 banana shallot , thinly sliced
- 300g long-stem broccoli , trimmed and cut into florets
- ¼ red pepper , cut into thin strips
- ½ yellow pepper , cut into thin strips
- 40g oyster sauce
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Spread the peanuts in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- STEP 2
Heat the olive oil in a wok, add the shallots and fry over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until brown. Turn the heat up, add the broccoli and peppers and cook for 3 mins until starting to soften.
- STEP 3
Add 60ml water, the oyster sauce and ½ tsp sea salt, then cover and cook for 5 mins or until the broccoli is tender. Stir in the peanuts and serve.