Wild garlic pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 275g jar
- 150g wild garlic leaves or young nettles, or a mixture (foraged – see tip)
- 50g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- ½ lemon , zested and a few squeezes of juice
- 50g pine nuts , toasted
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- STEP 1
Rinse and roughly chop the wild garlic leaves.
- STEP 2
Blitz the wild garlic leaves, parmesan, garlic, lemon zest and pine nuts to a rough paste in a food processor. Season, and with the motor running slowly, add almost all the oil. Taste, season and add a few squeezes of lemon juice.
- STEP 3
Transfer the pesto to a clean jar and top with the remaining oil. Will keep in the fridge for two weeks.