Whole baked ricotta with lentils & roasted cherry tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 6 banana shallots , quartered
- 90ml olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large lemon , zested and juiced
- small pack basil , roughly chopped
- small pack dill , roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g pouches cooked puy lentils
- 150g spinach
- 2 x 250g whole ricotta
- 400g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the shallots in a medium-sized roasting tin, drizzle over 2 tbsp olive oil and season. Roast for 15 mins until golden brown and beginning to soften. Meanwhile, to make a dressing, whisk the remaining olive oil with the lemon zest and juice, stir through half the herbs and season.
- STEP 2
Toss the lentils together with the shallots, spinach and 4 tbsp water. Put the ricotta in the centre of the roasting tin and lay the tomatoes around them. Drizzle the dressing over the lentils and shake the tin a little to combine everything. Drizzle a little olive oil over the ricotta and season everything well. Return to the oven for 30-35 mins or until the ricotta is firm and lightly golden.
- STEP 3
Serve the lentils in shallow bowls topped with spoonfuls of the creamy ricotta and sprinkled with the remaining herbs.