Warm chicken & ciabatta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ ciabatta loaf, torn into chunks
- 2 large garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 140g pickled red cabbage , plus 4 tbsp of the pickling juices
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 100g bag baby leaf & herb salad
- 110g pack pomegranate seeds
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil, season and arrange on a baking tray. Roast for 10 mins. Toss the torn ciabatta with the chopped garlic, a little seasoning and the remaining oil. Add this to the chicken and cook for another 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Toss together the red cabbage and red onion. Once the chicken is cooked, cool for a couple of mins, then add to the cabbage mix. Stir together, then toss with the pickling juices from the cabbage, and the salad leaves. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds.