Warm chicken & avocado salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts fillets each sliced into about 8 pieces
- 175g fine green beans , trimmed
- 1 romaine lettuce , trimmed and roughly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes , trimmed and sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado , stoned, peeled and sliced
For the dressing
- 25g blue cheese , such as Danish Blue or saint Agur
- 100g low-fat fromage frais
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- STEP 1
Tip the sunflower seeds into a large non-stick frying pan and swirl around for 1-2 minutes over a high heat until lightly toasted. Tip from the pan and set aside. Pour the olive oil into the pan and stir-fry the chicken pieces over a high heat for 4-6 minutes until golden but still moist inside.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the green beans in lightly salted water for 3-4 minutes until tender, yet still crisp. Cool under the cold tap, drain and set aside.
- STEP 3
Break up the blue cheese in a bowl. Add the fromage frais and milk and mix until smooth. Season with black pepper.
- STEP 4
Toss the vegetables together in a bowl, add the hot chicken and sunflower seeds. Pile on four plates, drizzle over the dressing and serve warm.