- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1½ cm cubes
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 400g can full fat coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 5 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 150g mangetout
The French name tells you all; it means ‘eat it all’. Mangetout properly means a…
- 100g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- cooked rice and lime wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid. Add the shallots with a generous pinch of salt and fry for 7-10 mins over a medium heat until softened and beginning to caramelise. Add the curry paste and chilli to the dish and fry for 2 mins. Tip in the squash and pepper, then stir through the coconut milk along with 200ml water. Add the lime leaves, cover and cook for 15-20 mins or until the squash is tender.
Stir the mangetout and baby corn through the curry, then re-cover, cooking over a medium-low heat for a further 5 mins or until the veg is just cooked. Season and stir through half the coriander. Remove the lime leaves and discard. Spoon the curry into deep bowls, scatter with the remaining coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges for squeezing over.