Veggie Thai red curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This fragrant Thai dish is sure to get your taste buds into action, and is ready in under an hour
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- juice 3 limes
- 2 red chillies, 1 finely chopped, 1 sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 courgette, chopped into chunks
- 1 small aubergine, chopped into chunks
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 140g mushrooms, halved
- 140g sugar snap pea
- 20g pack basil, leaves picked
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- jasmine rice, to serve
For the paste
- STEP 1
Whizz the paste ingredients in a food processor. Marinate the tofu in 2 tbsp soy sauce, juice 1 lime and the chopped chilli.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a large pan. Add 3-4 tbsp paste and fry for 2 mins. Stir in the coconut milk with 100ml water, the courgette, aubergine and pepper and cook for 10 mins until almost tender.
- STEP 3
Drain the tofu, pat dry, then fry in the remaining oil in a small pan until golden.
- STEP 4
Add the mushrooms, sugar snaps and most of the basil to the curry, then season with the sugar, remaining lime juice and soy sauce. Cook for 4 mins until the mushrooms are tender, then add the tofu and heat through. Scatter with sliced chilli and basil and serve with jasmine rice.