Vegan three-bean chilli with potato jackets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This healthy baked potato filling provides four of your 5-a-day in each serving, plus iron, vitamin C and fibre, and plenty of flavour from storecupboard spices
- 2 baking potatoes (about 180g each)
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 yellow or orange pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 400g can three bean salad (cannellini, flageolet and adzuki), drained
- handful of coriander , chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 small avocado , stoned, halved and chopped or mashed
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and bake the potatoes for 50 mins-1 hr, or until tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the pepper and garlic for a few minutes. Stir in the cumin seeds, chilli flakes and spices, then tip in the tomatoes, bouillon powder and beans. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 mins, or until reduced to a thick sauce. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- STEP 3
Cut a cross into the tops of the baked potatoes and gently press on the sides to open them out. Spoon over the chilli, then top with the avocado and squeeze over some of the lime wedges. Scatter over some coriander leaves and serve with the remaining lime wedges.
SIGN UP TO OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!