Turkey steaks with citrus & ginger sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 30-40 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 4 quick-cook turkey breast steaks, weighing about 300g/10oz total
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 oranges , juice of 2 and one peeled and cut into segments
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 pink grapefruit , peeled and cut into segments
- 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives or chopped parsley
- wild or long grain rice and steamed broccoli, to serve
- STEP 1
Sprinkle a teaspoon cornflour onto a plate, then press the turkey steaks into the cornflour to dust them lightly. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, until it is really hot. Add the turkey and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden on both sides – cook in batches if need be. Transfer to a plate.
- STEP 2
Add the orange juice, ginger and honey to the pan. Gently bring to the boil. Mix the remaining cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir into the sauce. Keep stirring on a gentle heat until thickened and syrupy, like a sweet and sour sauce. Season.
- STEP 3
Return the turkey to the pan. Add the orange and grapefruit segments and heat through gently. Scatter over chives or parsley and serve straight away with rice and broccoli.