Turkey, courgetti & feta burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- including chilling time
- Serves 4
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 100g feta , crumbled
- 1 large courgette (about 200g), ends trimmed, halved widthways and spiralized into thin noodles
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- ½ small pack mint , leaves picked and chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sumac
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (save the juice for the salad)
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the tomato salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 110g bag of rocket salad
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes , halved
- STEP 1
Mix all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers, bar the olive oil, together in a large bowl. Season with a generous amount of black pepper and a little salt (you won’t need a lot because of the feta). Shape into 4 burgers, the mixture will be quite sticky so cover and chill in the fridge for 15 mins or until needed to firm up a little. At this point the burgers can also be frozen.
- STEP 2
Preheat the grill to its highest setting then brush the burgers on both sides with the olive oil. Transfer the burgers to a non-stick baking tray and cook for 8-10 mins on each side, until cooked through and golden brown.
- STEP 3
While the burgers are cooking, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and some seasoning. Add the rocket and tomatoes to a large salad bowl, add half the dressing and toss well to combine. Serve alongside the turkey burgers and with the extra dressing on the side.