- 2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped, plus extra sliced chillies to serve
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and chopped
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
A spice that's central to Hungarian cuisine, paprika is made by drying a particular type of…
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
Sweet potatoes have a creamy texture and a sweet-spicy flavour that makes them ideal for savoury…
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 3 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 4 raw mackerel fillets
Mackerel is a firm-fleshed, torpedo-shaped sea fish. Whole mackerel weigh in around 10-12oz (…
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 320g broccoli, steamed, to serve
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
Put the chillies, shallots, garlic cloves, ginger, lemongrass, paprika, lime zest and juice and 1 tbsp water into a small food processor and blitz to a smooth paste.
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato in a large roasting tin and toss with the oil. Add the curry paste, peppers and kaffir lime leaves and roast for 35-40 mins until the potato is tender. Heat the grill to high.
Slash the mackerel skin a few times with a sharp knife. Arrange the fish over the veg, skin-side up, then grill for 4-5 mins until the skin is blistered and the flesh is cooked through.
Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and extra chillies, then squeeze over the lime wedges. Serve with the steamed broccoli.