Thai mackerel & sweet potato traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and roughly chopped, plus extra sliced chillies to serve
- 4 shallots , roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger , peeled and chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
- 2 limes , zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 200g sweet potato , peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and sliced
- 3 lime leaves
- 4 raw mackerel fillets
- 4 spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- 320g broccoli , steamed, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the chillies, shallots, garlic cloves, ginger, lemongrass, paprika, lime zest and juice and 1 tbsp water into a small food processor and blitz to a smooth paste.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato in a large roasting tin and toss with the oil. Add the curry paste, peppers and lime leaves and roast for 35-40 mins until the potato is tender. Heat the grill to high.
- STEP 3
Slash the mackerel skin a few times with a sharp knife. Arrange the fish over the veg, skin-side up, then grill for 4-5 mins until the skin is blistered and the flesh is cooked through.
- STEP 4
Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and extra chillies, then squeeze over the lime wedges. Serve with the steamed broccoli.