Tagliatelle with fresh peas & bacon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A dinner for two that won't have you tied to the oven. A light pasta supper, perfect for summer dining
- 100g lardon or chopped bacon
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp extra-dry vermouth
- 200g fresh tagliatelle
- 210g pack fresh, podded peas
- 1 tsp chicken stock concentrate, (we used Knorr Touch of Taste)
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 Little Gem lettuce , cut into wedges
- 4 spring onions , sliced at an angle into long shreds
- STEP 1
Fry the lardons or bacon in the oil in a large, deep frying pan for 1 min. Pour in the Vermouth and allow to bubble up. Meanwhile, put a large pan of salted water on to boil, add the fresh tagliatelle, then cook according to pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Tip the peas in with the bacon, then pour in 100ml water, the stock and crème fraîche. Stir well, then add the tarragon, lettuce and spring onions. Cover the pan and cook for 3-5 mins until the lettuce is tender, but not wilted. Drain the pasta when ready, then add to the pan and toss together until well mixed.
MAKE A QUICK PUD TOO
Instant strawberry ice: Tip 200g frozen strawberries (you can freeze your own for this) into a food processor with 1 large banana, a 100g pot strawberry fromage frais and a sprinkling sugar. Blend until smooth and eat straight away.