- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling and chilling
- Serves 4
Cook pork mince meatballs and serve with classic lingonberry or cranberry sauce and spring greens for a healthy, low-calorie family meal
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove , finely grated
- 375g lean pork mince
- 1 medium egg yolk
- grating of nutmeg
- 50g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 300ml hot low-salt beef stock
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- 400g spring greens , shredded
- lingonberry or cranberry sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
Put 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 mins or until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Mix the cooled onions, pork mince, egg yolk, a good grating of nutmeg and the breadcrumbs in a bowl with your hands until well combined. Form into 12 balls and chill for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs for 5 mins over a medium heat, turning often until golden. Pour over the stock and bubble for 8-10 mins or until it has reduced a little. Stir through the mustard and yogurt.
- STEP 4
Steam the greens for 5 mins or until tender. Serve the meatballs with the greens and a dollop of the sauce.