Squash & pesto pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 small butternut squash (750g), peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- large bunch of parsley
- large bunch of basil
- 20g cashew nuts , toasted and chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 350g pasta (casarecce or fusilli work well)
- 30g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, shaved
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the butternut cubes on a baking tray with ½ tbsp of the oil and some seasoning. Roast for 20-25 mins or until tender.
- STEP 2
Put the parsley, basil, cashew nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice and chilli (if using) in a food processor, along with the remaining oil and a splash of water, then whizz until very smooth. Season to taste.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, then toss with the pesto and butternut squash and enough water to loosen the sauce. Finish with a little shaved parmesan, if you like.