Summer veg tostadas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 4
- 4 mini tortillas
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 courgette, sliced lengthways, quartered then cut into 3cm chunks
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 80g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 250g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 mint sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 80g natural yogurt
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Brush the tortillas with 2 tsp of the oil and arrange on two baking trays. Lightly season. Bake for 5 mins, then turn over, rotate the trays and cook for a further 3 mins until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium- high heat. Add the courgette and sweetcorn and cook, stirring a couple of times until they start to colour at the edges, about 6-8 mins. Add the smoked paprika and cook for a further minute. Set aside to cool slightly before tossing in the tomatoes and spring onions, then some seasoning to taste.
- STEP 3
Put the peas, garlic, mint, most of the coriander, the lime juice and remaining oil in a mini food processor with some seasoning and pulse until you have a guacamole-like consistency. Add a splash of water if it’s too thick.
- STEP 4
To serve, spread each tortilla with the pea dip and top with the veg. Garnish with the remaining coriander and a dollop of yogurt. Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.