- 8 corn tortillas (look for them near the other wraps or by the Mexican food)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 3 x 400g cans black beans , rinsed and drained
- choose a few toppings- chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, diced avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers , coriander sprigs
- crème fraîche or Tabasco chipotle sauce, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the tortillas with a little of the oil and place in a single layer on baking sheets. Cook for 8 mins until crisp.
- STEP 2
In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5 mins. Add the spices, vinegar and honey. Cook for 2 mins more. Add the beans and seasoning, and heat through.
- STEP 3
Remove from the heat and mash the beans gently with the back of your spoon to a chunky purée. Spread some beans over the crispy corn tortillas, scatter with your choice of toppings and add a spoonful of crème fraîche to cool down, or a splash of chipotle Tabasco to spice it up.