- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g baby heritage carrots, washed, leafy tops trimmed and roughly chopped (set aside for later), large carrots halved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- pinch chilli flakes
For the dressing
- handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 1 lemon, zested, plus a squeeze of juice
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 50ml olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok, then add the carrots. Stir-fry for 3-4 mins until lightly charred, then add the garlic, cumin, chilli and a large pinch of salt. Cook for 2 mins more. Turn off the heat, toss through the dressing and a few chopped carrot tops, then serve.