Sticky soy & honey pork with Asian noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Serve lean pork tenderoin in a sweet Chinese five-spice stir-fry mix of egg noodles, sweetcorn, sugar snap peas and peppers
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 500g piece pork tenderloin , visible fat trimmed
- 140g medium egg noodle
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 175g pack baby sweetcorn & sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 320g pack mixed pepper stir-fry vegetable
- small bunch spring onion , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the soy, ketchup and honey with the five-spice. Put the pork tenderloin on a baking tray and brush with just under half the sauce. Roast in the oven for 10 mins, then brush with a little extra sauce and return to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, soak the noodles in boiling water until soft. Drain, reserving about 50ml of the water. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the corn and sugar snap peas, and stir-fry for 3 mins, adding the water to help the veg steam.
- STEP 3
Add the stir-fry veg and half the spring onions, and cook for 3 mins more until wilted. Tip in the noodles and the rest of the sauce. Using tongs, mix everything to combine. Remove the pork, cut into slices and serve on top of the noodles. Scatter with remaining spring onions.