Spiralized Singapore noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large mooli (daikon radish), 2 courgettes or 3 carrots
- 2 tsp coconut oil , or vegetable oil
- thumb-sized piece ginger , chopped
- 1 fat red chilli , 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced into rings
- 2 fat garlic cloves , crushed
- 6 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 150g pack raw prawns , roughly chopped
- 100g cooked ham , shredded
- 2 large handfuls beansprouts
- coriander , to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to create vegetable noodles – use the large noodle attachment. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. When hot add the ginger, chopped chilli, garlic and spring onions, stir-fry for 30 secs-1 min until just softened. Add the curry powder, soy sauce, teriyaki, prawns and ham and cook for another 2 mins, until the prawns turn pink.
- STEP 3
Add the vegetable noodles and beansprouts, stir around the pan for 1 min more until the noodles have softened a little but still have a nice bite – don’t cook for too long or they will turn watery. Serve scattered with coriander and the sliced chilli, with lime wedges on the side.