Spicy tamarind prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
For the lime mayonnaise
- ½ lime , juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 50g mayonnaise
For the prawns
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- ½ red chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 180g raw jumbo king prawns (or tiger prawns)
- toasted sesame seeds , sliced
- spring onions and cooked
- rice , to serve
- STEP 1
Mix the lime juice with the mayonnaise and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Lightly fry for 2 mins until fragrant, then add the tamarind paste.
- STEP 3
Toss the prawns in the mixture and cook for 2-3 mins until they have all turned pink. Serve with rice topped with the sesame seeds and spring onions, and the lime mayo, plus lime wedges for squeezing over.