- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to serve
- 2 onions , finely sliced
- 1 carrot , finely chopped
- 3 red peppers , roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 850ml-1 litre/1½-1¾pts vegetable stock or bouillon
- 4 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cucumber , halved, deseeded, coarsely grated and squeezed of excess water
- a few mint leaves, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Tip in the onions, carrot and peppers. Cook gently for 15 mins, to soften. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for a few mins more. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and 800ml of the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 mins until the veg is completely tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint in a bowl, and season.
- STEP 3
Blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth, using the extra stock to thin if it has become too thick. Heat through, season and spoon into bowls. Serve with a dollop of the yogurt mixture on top and a drizzle of olive oil.