- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- few thyme sprigs
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable bouillon made with 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into pieces
- 160g brown basmati rice
- 400g can and 210g can red kidney beans, drained
- handful fresh coriander, chopped, plus a few sprigs extra
- handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 550g pack frozen wild salmon, skinned and cut into large pieces
With its delicate, sweet flesh and wide availability, salmon is one of the most popular fish.…
- 1 lime, zested
The same shape, but smaller than…
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions for 8-10 mins until softened and golden. Add the spring onions, garlic, chilli and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Pour in the tomatoes and bouillon, then stir in the peppers. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions. Stir in the beans with the coriander and parsley, then leave to cook gently for another 10 mins until the peppers are tender. Add the salmon and lime zest and cook for 4-5 mins until cooked through.
Ladle half of the stew into two bowls and scatter with the coriander sprigs. Cool the remaining stew, then cover and chill to eat on another night. Gently reheat in a saucepan until bubbling.
Sign up to our Healthy Diet PlanThis recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!