Spiced cod with quinoa salad & mint chutney
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 40g quinoa (or 85g pre-cooked quinoa)
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 150g pot 0% natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- pinch of cumin seeds
- 2 x 150g chunky fillets skinless white fish , such as sustainable cod
- ¼ cucumber , finely diced
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes , chopped
- good squeeze of lemon juice
- STEP 1
Tip the quinoa (if not pre-cooked) into a pan, cover with water and boil, covered, for 25 mins, checking the water level to make sure it doesn’t boil dry. Drain well.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp each of the mint and coriander in a bowl. Add the yogurt and garlic, and blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Stir 2 tbsp of the herby yogurt with the turmeric and cumin, then add the fish and turn in the mixture to completely coat.
- STEP 3
Turn the grill to High. Arrange the fish in a shallow heatproof dish and grill for 8-10 mins, depending on thickness, until it flakes. Toss the quinoa with the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, lemon juice and remaining herbs. Spoon onto a plate, add the fish and spoon round the mint chutney, or add it at the table.