South American-style quinoa with fried eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Super-charge your lunch with protein-rich quinoa and combine it with black beans, avocado and fried egg in this nutritious veggie dish for two
- 75g quinoa
- 400g can black beans , drained
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 lime , zested and juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 160g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 small avocado , stoned, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 3 spring onions or ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- rapeseed oil , for frying
- 2 medium eggs
- STEP 1
Put the quinoa in a small pan with 250ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and gently simmer for 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally until most of the water has been absorbed and the grains have doubled in size (if there’s any water left in the pan, drain well).
- STEP 2
Tip into a bowl and stir through the beans, spices, lime zest and juice and vinegar. Stir well, then add the tomatoes, avocado, coriander and onion, and spoon onto plates.
- STEP 3
Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the eggs until the whites are set with a crispy edge and the yolk is runny. Serve the quinoa topped with the eggs.