Sausage & pumpkin roast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g pack pork sausages (or 8 large sausages)
- 800g pumpkin wedge, peeled and cut into finger-thick moon-shaped chunks
- 2 red onions , peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 300g tub fresh beef gravy from the chiller cabinet
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the first five ingredients into a large non-stick roasting pan, toss to coat in the oil and roast for 20 mins until the sausages are browned and the pumpkin softened and starting to crisp at the edges.
- STEP 2
Tip the gravy into the pan and gently stir around the pumpkin and sausages with a wooden spoon, scraping up any sticky or crispy bits as you go. Return to the oven for another 2 mins until the gravy starts to bubble. Season to taste and serve with greens or beans.