- Preparation and cooking time
- Easily doubled
Working from home? Boost flagging energy levels with salmon rarebit - a high-energy lunch for one
- slice granary bread (or a bread of your choice - we used German-style pumpernickel)
- ½ x 212g can Wild Alaskan Pacific salmon , drained and flaked
- 1-2 spring onions , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 tsp grated horseradish (optional)
- 1 tbsp coarsley grated red leicester cheese
- 40g watercress and spinach salad, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
- STEP 2
Mix the salmon and spring onions together and season with pepper only. Spread onto the bread. Mix together the cottage cheese, horseradish (if using) and cheese. Spoon on top of the salmon.
- STEP 3
Grill on a high shelf for 1 min, then lower the shelf and continue to grill for a further 3-4 mins or until the topping starts to brown. Serve straight away with a watercress and spinach salad.