Runner bean tortilla with tomato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 3
- 200g runner beans , cut into thin strips
- 5 eggs
- 1 lemon , zested, 1/2 juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves , finely grated
- 3 pimento-stuffed olives , thickly sliced
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated (optional)
For the salad
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes , cut into wedges
- ½ pack basil , chopped
- few rocket leaves , optional
- STEP 1
Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 mins or until just tender, then drain.
- STEP 2
Beat the eggs in a bowl with the lemon zest, garlic, olives and some pepper, then stir in the beans. Heat the oil in a 23cm non-stick frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture and gently stir for the first couple of mins so that you see the egg cooking and the raw egg flowing into the base of the pan as you move it. Leave to firm up for a few mins, then turn off the heat, cover and leave for 5 mins so that any raw egg on top cooks through.
- STEP 3
Put the lemon juice in a bowl and add the onion. Toss well, then add the tomatoes, basil and rocket (if using). Serve with wedges of tortilla, dusted with some parmesan if you like.