Rosemary roast chicken thighs, new potatoes, asparagus & garlic
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 750g new potato (preferably Jersey Royals), halved
- 2 large bunches asparagus, woody ends discarded
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- small handful rosemary sprigs
- 8 chicken thighs
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes, asparagus, garlic cloves, oil and lots of seasoning in a large roasting dish (about 30 x 20cm). Squeeze over all the juice from the lemon halves, then cut them into chunks and add them to the dish. Toss everything together, cover the dish with foil, and roast for about 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Remove the foil and mix through the rosemary. Season the chicken thighs and arrange evenly in the dish.
- STEP 3
Roast for another 25-30 mins until the potatoes are tender, and the chicken is crisp and cooked through. Serve the dish in the middle of the table for everyone to share.