Roasted vegetable quinoa salad with griddled halloumi
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 - 6
- 1 bunch raw beetroot (4 large), peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 medium butternut squash , peeled, deseeded and cut into the same sized chunks as the beetroot
- 4 red onions , sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g quinoa , rinsed
- 1l vegetable stock
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi , each block cut into 6 slices
For the dressing
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp clear honey
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the beetroot, squash and red onion in a large roasting tin. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (the garlic is for the dressing) and drizzle with a little of the olive oil before wrapping in foil and adding to the tin. Season the vegetables and pour the remaining oil over them. Roast for 40-45 mins, turning the vegetables halfway through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the quinoa and stock in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins. Drain and return to the pan, off the heat. When the vegetables are roasted, set the garlic bulb aside and stir the remaining vegetables through the quinoa. To make the dressing, carefully squeeze the roasted garlic from the bulb into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, oil, honey and seasoning and mix.
- STEP 3
Put a griddle pan over a high heat. When it’s really hot, add the halloumi and griddle for 45-60 secs either side (you may need to do this in batches). Spoon the quinoa and vegetables onto plates and top with the halloumi and dressing.