Ravioli with squash & crunchy crumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Turn a pack of ravioli into a stunning meal with a little help from BBC Good Food
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ butternut squash , peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 50g vegetarian parmesan -style cheese, (we used Twineham Grange Italian-style cheese), finely grated, plus extra to serve
- zest 1 lemon
- 85g fresh white breadcrumb
- small handful sage leaves
- 500ml pack cheese-filled ravioli
- pinch crushed chilli flakes
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the squash for 10 mins until golden, turning the cubes now and then. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min until softened. Add 300ml water, the grated Parmesan, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Stir well, turn the heat down and cook for 3-4 mins. Mash well and season to taste.
- STEP 2
In a small pan, heat the rest of the oil, then stir in the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden, stirring every so often. Stir in the sage.
- STEP 3
Cook the ravioli according to pack instructions (they usually only take a few mins). Drain, then spoon into bowls. Pour over the squash sauce, then sprinkle with sage breadcrumbs.