Quinoa-stuffed peppers with roast tomatoes & feta
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 5 mins standing
- Serves 2
- 60g quinoa
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 large garlic clove , finely grated
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 400g can chickpeas , drained
- 90g baby spinach
- handful basil leaves , chopped
- 2 yellow peppers , deseeded and halved lengthways
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil , plus a drop for the peppers
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 40g feta , crumbled
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ x 60g pack rocket
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the quinoa into a small pan, pour in 400ml water, then stir in the tomato purée, garlic and bouillon powder. Cook, covered, over a low heat for 20 mins before adding the chickpeas, spinach and basil, then cook for a further 5 mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, so all the liquid is absorbed.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, rub the peppers with a little oil and place, cut-side down, on a baking tray. Roast for 10 mins, add the cherry tomatoes, then roast for 10 mins more.
- STEP 3
Stir the tomatoes, feta and pumpkin seeds into the quinoa, spoon into the pepper halves and serve with the rocket, tossed with the oil and balsamic vinegar.