- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 1 small pumpkin (about 500g)
- olive oil , for roasting
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled
- ½ lemon , juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 400g can chickpeas , drained
- 1 red pepper , deseeded, and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded, and sliced
- mini breadsticks and pitta chips, to serve
- STEP 1
Cut the top off the pumpkin, about two-thirds of the way up. Remove the pumpkin seeds, then scoop the flesh out of the bottom and the lid.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces and put in a roasting tin with the garlic and a good glug of oil. Season, then bake for 45 mins until very tender. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3
Tip the pumpkin into a food processor with any juices from the roasting tin and the garlic. Add the lemon juice, tahini paste and chickpeas. Season with salt and blend to a paste – add a little more oil if it's too thick. Scoop the hummus back into the pumpkin and serve with the peppers, breadsticks and pitta chips.