- ½ avocado, peeled and cut into cubes, see tip, below left
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 50g small cooked prawns
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- 1 mango cheek, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- finger-sized piece cucumber, chopped
- handful baby spinach leaves
- couple of mint leaves, very finely shredded
- 1-2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
Mix the avocado with the lemon juice, then toss with the prawns, mango, tomatoes, cucumber, spinach and mint. Pack into a lunchbox and drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, then chill until ready to eat.
Leftover avocadoWrap the remaining half of avocado tightly in cling film in the fridge and use later in the week, as a spread instead of butter, or chopped up for a sandwich filling.