Pork & aubergine noodle stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2, plus 2 lunchboxes
- ½ tbsp groundnut oil
- 100g lean pork mince
- 1 aubergine , cut into small cubes
- 2 nests medium egg noodles (about 100g)
- 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- large piece of ginger , peeled and 1/2 grated, 1/2 cut into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- ½-1 red chilli , finely chopped
- bunch of spring onions , finely sliced
- 2 pak choi , leaves separated or sliced
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a wok or high-sided frying pan and fry the mince for 5-8 mins, until brown and starting to crisp at the edges. Add the aubergine and stir-fry for another 15 mins until soft and translucent.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain. Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, cornflour and 2 tbsp water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- STEP 3
Add the grated ginger and ginger matchsticks, the garlic and chilli to the mince and stir-fry for a minute before adding the spring onion and pak choi. Stir-fry for another few minutes before adding the sauce. Bring to a bubble and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the aubergine. Scoop half the stir-fry into a bowl and leave to cool for your leftover pork & aubergine lettuce cups. (See tip, below.)
- STEP 4
Toss the drained noodles with the remaining stir-fry in the wok until the noodles are coated in the sauce. Divide between warmed bowls.