Piri-piri fish & chips with spicy peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 375g potato , cut into chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp piri-piri marinade
- 300g frozen pea
- 1 green chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove , crushed
- handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 white fish fillets (we used sea bass)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chips with half the olive oil and half the lemon juice, arrange in a layer on a baking tray, then season. Cook for 25 mins. Stir the remaining lemon juice into the marinade.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for 2-3 mins, then drain. Return the peas to the empty pan and crush with the chilli, garlic, mint and the remaining oil. Season and keep warm.
- STEP 3
After 25 mins, turn the potatoes and move to the edges of the tray. Add the fish, skin-side up, and spoon over the marinade. Cook for another 10-12 mins until the fish is cooked through. Serve with the smashed peas.