Pasta with prawns, mascarpone & lemon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This healthy seafood dish is a light mid-week Italian supper best made with wholemeal pasta shapes
- 140g dried pasta , preferably wholemeal
- 85g frozen pea
- 85g frozen broad bean , podded if you like
- 100g broccoli , cut into small florets
- 100g cooked and peeled prawn
- 1 lemon , ½ zest and juice, ½ cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp light mascarpone
- ½ small bunch mint or basil leaves, shredded, plus a few whole leaves to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the vegetables 4 mins before the end of the cooking time, and the prawns just as the cooking time is up. Reserve a mug of the water, then drain everything and tip back into the pan.
- STEP 2
Tip in the lemon zest and juice, and the mascarpone, and heat through, adding enough of the pasta water to create a creamy sauce. Scatter in the shredded mint or basil, a good grinding of black pepper and a little salt. Divide between 2 warmed pasta bowls, scatter over the herb leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
MAKE IT A PASTA BAKE
Creamy prawn & greens pasta bake for 2: Cook pasta, veg and prawns as per recipe, then mix with the lemon zest and juice, and a 200g tub light soft cheese with garlic and herbs. Tip into a baking dish, scatter with 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs plus 1 tbsp grated Parmesan and grill to crisp.