Pasta with mozzarella, mint & fresh tomato sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A fresh but filling dish full of light summer flavours
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 red onion , very finely chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 4 tsp small capers
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 500g red ripe cherry tomatoes , quartered
- bunch mint , leaves torn
- handful chives , snipped
- 1 or 2 x 125g balls buffalo mozzarella , depending on how lavish you feel
- STEP 1
Put the lemon juice and zest into a large bowl, tip in the onion, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 mins, to let the onion soften a little.
- STEP 2
Boil the spaghetti for 10 mins. Mix the oil, capers, chilli and sugar into the lemony onions, then season generously.
- STEP 3
When the pasta is ready, drain, toss with a splash of oil, then let cool awhile. Put into the bowl with the dressing, tip in the tomatoes and most of the herbs, then toss well. Tear in the mozzarella and toss ever so gently. Put into bowls, top with more herbs and drizzle with more oil to serve.