Nduja-baked hake with chickpeas, mussels & gremolata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 6 skin-on hake or cod fillets (about 150g each)
- 100g nduja
- 600g mussels , de-bearded and cleaned
- 150ml white wine
- large pack parsley , leaves finely chopped
- finely grated zest 1 lemon , plus wedges to serve
- extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Tip the chickpeas into a large roasting tin and nestle the fish, skin-side down, among them. Dot over the nduja, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Scatter over the mussels and pour over the wine.
- STEP 2
Cover the tin tightly with foil and put in the oven for 15-20 mins until the fish is cooked and the mussels have opened – discard any that stay shut. Gently lift the fish onto serving plates. Scatter the mussels and chickpeas with the parsley and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil, give it all a good stir and serve with the fish and lemon wedges for squeezing over.